Dana Walden is designing her booth and includes additional responsibilities for John Landgraf and Simran Sethi.
He came after Walden to become Co-Chairman of Disney Entertainment with film boss Alan Bergman.
Landgraf, who was President, FX Content and FX Productions, will now oversee Nat Geo and Onyx as part of his expanding portfolio, while Sethi will become Simran Sethi, EVP, Programming and Core Strategy , ABC Entertainment and Freeform, returned to host the project. youth-skewing cable network.
The move will see Tara Duncan, as CEO, Onyx Collective, focus on different labels and leave her Freeform duties.
Duncan and Courteney Monroe, President, Content, National Geographic, who recently received a third Oscar nomination for Love Fire will now report to Landgraf.
Freeform’s programming and development will now be combined under ABC Entertainment with Sethi overseeing both. Sethi was previously SVP, Development at Freeform before moving to Netflix. She continues to report to Craig Erwich, CEO, Disney Television Group.
On the Disney Branded Television side, CEO Ayo Davis, who reports to Erwich for streaming operations, will now also report to him on the development of Disney Channel and Disney Junior programming.
Disney Television Studios will be under Eric Schrier, who will expand his responsibilities to include global original television strategy, working with regional leaders.
There has been a lot of talk that the company will combine two of the Disney Television Studios – 20th Television and ABC Signature – but Deadline understands that nothing is in the works right now.
Debra O’Connell will continue to oversee communications and ABC-owned television stations, and will add research, labor relations and TV business operations to her portfolio.
Walden, an internal statement to employees, which you can read below, said, “Since the announcement of Disney Entertainment, I have spent time thinking about how to structure my organization in a way that will allow me focus on my new role. , in collaboration with Alan. I will continue to rely on the amazing leaders who have delivered hit after hit on our platform and in our rich library, but they have made some changes to our system. ”
Since the announcement of Disney Entertainment, I have spent time thinking about how to organize my team in a way that will allow me to focus on the new project that I have expanded, in collaboration with Alan. I will continue to rely on the amazing leaders who have provided hit after hit on our platform and in our rich library, but they have made some changes to our system, which are outlined below:
- The Onyx Collective has been a top priority, and as the creators’ adventures and series continue to grow, Tara Duncan will now focus solely on Onyx.
- National Geographic Content recently won its third Oscar and has attracted some big stars to its exciting series and doc films. Courteney Monroe will now oversee all aspects of the brand, including the digital footprint and the magazine, along with original content strategy.
- Tara and Courteney will now report directly to John Landgraf, combining the strengths of the three top brands.
- While Tara’s focus turns to Onyx, Freeform programming and development will remain associated with ABC Entertainment, and Simran Sethi will oversee both. This represents Simran’s return to a brand she helped launch. She will continue to report to Craig Erwich.
- Over the past six months, Ayo Davis and Craig have worked together very successfully on Disney Branded Television. native wanderers. Ayo will continue to report to Craig for streaming, and now that process will expand to include the development and programming of Disney Channel and Disney Junior.
- Debra O’Connell, who recently joined my leadership team, will continue to oversee communications and ABC Television, and will add research, working relationships and TV commercial work to her imagination.
- Disney Television Studios will be under Eric Schrier, who will expand his responsibilities to include our global original television strategy, working closely with our regional leaders.
Great news is the lifeblood of our company, and I will continue to have a strong relationship with the creative side of our business. As we begin our new chapter together, I have full confidence in this team of talented leaders. I am very grateful to Bob for reuniting and realigning our company in a meaningful way.
I want you all to know how much I appreciate your passion and pursuit of excellence, which will be the key to our success in the months and years to come.
I would have
#John #Landgraf #Nat #Geo #Onyx #Care #Simran #Sethi #Develop #Free #Series #Dana #Walden #Development